I am an Architectural Assistant with NH Architecture. I am truly passionate about architecture, and I love working in an industry where I'm constantly learning. I have strong skills and experience in 3D design and modelling of complex geometry, and the subsequent development and documentation. My math-based approach to design and architecture is a result of my engineering background, which gives me a unique, multifaceted skill set.
After studying Mechanical Engineering at the University of Canterbury in Christchurch, New Zealand, I got my first taste of construction whilst working for Beca as a Building Services Engineer. After two years working alongside great architects, I realised there was a tiny architect inside of me, screaming to get out. At the completion of the major project I was involved in, I resigned to go back to tertiary studies, and completed a Bachelor of Architectural Studies at Victoria University in Wellington. While studying, I worked part-time for Fletcher Construction as a Site Engineer for the Hutt Hospital redevelopment, which greatly complemented my architectural education. I moved to Melbourne, Australia in late 2013.
• Bachelor of Architectural Studies, Victoria University, New Zealand, 2013.
• Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Honours), University of Canterbury, New Zealand, 2006.
• Expert user of 3D design software Rhino and parametric design software Grasshopper.
• Experience in Revit, AutoCAD, Microstation, SketchUp, Office and Adobe suits.
• Strong interest in using parametric software to aid the construction of complex building elements.
• Experience in retail, commercial, and healthcare architecture.
Contact via LinkedIn (click the icon below) - I'm always keen to meet people within the construction industry, and to continue to learn and share the value of good design.